It was founded in 1992 by a group of professionals in light of the increasing importance and scope of their responsibilities in companies and society as a whole.
Our vision is to enhance the role played in organisations by communication and communication managers so that this department and its executives are regarded as a key strategic area and role. We carry out our mission through our four strategic goals:
- Acknowledgement: Enhancing the role played in organisations by the communication manager and corporate communication.
- Knowledge: Acting as transmitters and providers of knowledge in communication matters.
- Networking: Encouraging the contact network and the exchange of experiences among communication executives.
- CSR & Responsible Management: We stand up for the responsibility, the ethical management and trust recovery of organisations with their stakeholders.
Dircom’s Board is made up of the Chairman, three Vice Chairmen, a Secretary General, a Treasurer and fourteen Executive Officers (communication managers in enterprises and institutions, top executives in communication agencies and representatives of the academe), with the support of a management team.
Dircom has 7 territorial delegations: Dircom Aragón, Dircom Canarias, Dircom Castilla y León, Dircom Catalunya, Dircom Galicia, Dircom Comunitat Valenciana y Región de Murcia and Dircom Norte. Since July 2013 is also has a Management Board in Andalusia.
- Member Executives of any field of communication that develop their professional activity in organizations and communication consultancy firms CEOs.
- Freelance Member Communicators who, due to their professional background in companies and institutions, decide to offer advice as freelance members.
- Knowledge Member, both national and international communication professionals, interested in information, documentation and communication training, as well as senior professionals from different disciplines associated with communication.
- Academic Member Professionals whose teaching or research activities prove useful and relevant to the Association.
- Young Member Professionals currently in a period of training, no older than 30.
- Correspondent Member Foreign communication professionals not resident in Spain and Spanish citizens living abroad who are exclusively interested in information and documentation generated by the Association.